Spicy and Sour Seafood Hotpot for a Complete Festive Experience
- Người viết: Hân Hồ lúc
- Tin tức
1. Spicy and Sour Seafood Hotpot for Rainy Days
With cold and rainy weather, indulging in warm dishes is a fantastic way to ward off the chill. A pot of smoky spicy and sour seafood hotpot, combined with fresh greens and mushrooms, accompanied by a glass of wine or beer, makes for a wonderful solution!
Hotpot is a diverse dish with many different variations. The differences between types of hotpot lie in the broth recipe and the accompanying ingredients, resulting in various kinds of hotpots. In Saigon, we often encounter types of hotpot such as crab hotpot, spicy chicken hotpot, fish hotpot, beef hotpot... These types of hotpots carry the authentic flavors of the countryside or the captivating essence of the sea, depending on their origin. However, the most delicious and widely favored remains the spicy and sour seafood hotpot.
2. Ingredients for Preparing Spicy and Sour Seafood Hotpot
The main ingredients for preparing spicy and sour seafood hotpot include ocean fish like cobia, shark catfish, and snakehead fish; shrimp (giant tiger prawns, whiteleg shrimps, or crayfish); squid (tube squid or cuttlefish); fishcake (grilled strabismus fish cake or Fish mackerel); beef, and clams. It's best to choose fresh, non-salted seafood. Shrimp needs to be cleaned and peeled; fish paste needs to be seasoned and minced; beef needs to be thinly sliced; clams need to be thoroughly cleaned in their shell.
The broth for the seafood hotpot is typically made by combining pork bone broth with tamarind paste, cooked with tomatoes, lemongrass, straw mushrooms, and tofu. The hotpot broth boasts a sour, sweet, and intensely spicy flavor, catering to the tastes of many diners.
3. Where's the nearest delicious spicy seafood hotpot?
Eating hotpot also reflects the simplicity and genuine nature of Vietnamese people. The most renowned spicy seafood hotpot can be found at these restaurants:
- Lua Dai Viet Restaurant: 189-191-193 De Tham, Pham Ngu Lao Ward, District 1, Ho Chi Minh City
- Sen Dai Viet Restaurant: 226-228 Bui Vien, Pham Ngu Lao Ward, District 1, Ho Chi Minh City
- Bien Dai Viet Restaurant: 207 Bui Vien, Pham Ngu Lao Ward, District 1, Ho Chi Minh City
- Oc Dai Viet Restaurant: 191-193 Bui Vien, Pham Ngu Lao Ward, District 1, Ho Chi Minh City
- Nong Thon Dai Viet Restaurant: 131 Bui Vien, Pham Ngu Lao Ward, District 1, Ho Chi Minh CityWhen it's time to enjoy hotpot, people gather around the table, chat lively, and savor the steaming, fragrant aroma of the hotpot. As you dip shrimp, fish, squid, and beef into the pot, along with various greens like Water mimosa, okra, morning glory, banana flowers, and culantro, life becomes all the more exciting!